Maintenance car air conditioner is an important things in driving comfort that serves to regulate air temperature, circulation, humidity and air cleanliness.
Car AC working system is a closed circuit, Freon will change its shape and pressure on every component of air conditioner, freon circulating substance to be able to produce cold air.
AC System Workflow
- Compressor as a freon circulation drive will push freon to Condensor.
- In the condenser, the freon will turn into liquid.
- Freon will flow through the receiver (filter dryer) and in this place the dirt will be accommodated.
- Freon then go into expansion valve and evaporator in cabin space, freon change from mist to gas. The effects of air exhaled by the blower on the evaporator will come out of the wind grille into cold air.
Here are the list of problem and maintenance that can occur in the air conditioner :
Air Conditioner smells not good.
Basically the AC component does not cause odor. When found the cabin smells when the AC is turned on, here are the causes:
- The use of low-quality car perfumes tend to be difficult to clean when sticking in the evaporator.
- Dust and dirt in the cabin from the frequent opening of windows, and users of dirty footwear can cause the cabin and carpet to be dirty so sucked through the blower and attached to the evaporator and resulted in growing fungi that cause odor.
- Cigarette Smoke, Nicotine in cigarette smoke is sticky and slimy when attached to the evaporator.
Tips for air conditioning to be odorless:
- Routine carpet cleaning especially two carpets in front and close the door and window when the AC is turned on
- Use car fragrances with guaranteed quality
- Do not smoke in the car when the AC is turned on.
- Replacing Cabin Filters Routinely
Air Conditioner Temperature
Some things cause the AC is not cold, among others:
- Weak Clutch Magnet / Dead (most of the symptoms will make the ac not cold if the car is jammed position / road creep)
- Leaked on the nepel pipeline connection (caused by age factor, improper maintenance, or even routine service)
- Evaporator is leaking
- Evaporator & Condenser dirty (hence heat transfer process will be hampered so AC less cold)
- Fan Off / Weak (will make the pressure of Freon so increase / over heat and the effect will be ac be less cold when the car is stopped / stuck)
Tips when AC is not cold :
- Check Freon Pressure.
- Check Motor Fan Condition
- Clean the condenser and evaporator regularly
- Replace the receive (filter) that serves as a dryer or water absorbent on a regular basis.
- Replace Cabin Filters Routinely
Air Conditioner Beeping
Car AC Beeps inside / outside the cab, can be caused by several things:
- Valve expansion is working. This can cause a hissing sound. The sounds that appear during the unobtrusive (not loud) are normal.
- Air conditioner motor, because the blower is dirty or there are pieces of paper, leaf or plastic stuck on the grille blower AC located in the cabin space of the car.
- Motor Fan AC / Radiator Sound caused by dry bushing / laher.
- Ngorok Sound Compressor caused by Oblak his piston / Laher bamboo inside the compressor that has started Aus.
- Fanbelt Kendor / aus can cause squeaking sound, usually in the morning / in cold engine condition
Tips If the Car Air Conditioner reads:
- Checking every major component of the air conditioner that is the source of the sound.
- Check and clean the blower and grid of the air conditioner line.
- Checking Fanbelt (if loosened, do reset)
Air Conditioner Dripping
The water droplets from the AC drain hose are the evaporator condensation and are normal, except when the water droplets inside the car cabin mean there is a blockage in the AC passage.
Tips AC leaked:
- Open and clean the air drain hose, choke hose if it dirty.